The Good Ole' Days!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2 Chronicles 7:12-15 Something on My Heart

We are doing fine.  This post is going to be a little different.

2 Chronicles 7:12-15

12  And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. 13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;  14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attend unto the prayer that is made in this place.

Hello To Our Readers,

Today I want to share with you what God has been doing in my heart. 

2 Chronicles 7:14 has been on my mind for some time now. And I can’t help but wonder why God keeps showing it to me and keeps it on my mind.

Yesterday we applied for our FPCA (Federal Post Card Application) voters application for absentee ballots. To vote is a privilege! 

I thought about our country and how blessed we have been and still are.  Oh, I know we complain.  OOPS did I say that? The people in Moses’ time complained too.  Could it be that we are just like them?  They were discontent with what God was doing in their lives or allowing in their lives. But they forgot that GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! And they forgot to TRUST HIM FULLY!!!! I can’t help but look at our own country and wonder if we aren’t doing the same things that made GOD angry with the Israelites. HE sent them warnings and they turned away… He even wanted to talk with them face to face but they refused.  And when all said and done HE sent armies to conquer them.  Has God not sent warnings to our country? Reminder:  9/11 for one… I remember that day b/c it delayed our travel to the field for our first time.  But I saw people praying and giving God attention that has ceased.  I saw our President then talking to the people and trying to comfort them; a praying president at that.  BUT what happened?  Have we forgotten who GOD really is? I once heard a pastor say, “that the only thing keeping GOD’s hand off our country were the Christians that reside there.”  Is he right?  If and when the Lord takes the Holy Spirit out of this world, will there still be a US of A or will our country be lost before He takes us out to be with HIM?

I said all this to say, whatever we do, we must do it quickly!  For I can see the Lord coming very soon!

And another thing: I am here in a third world country, we see a lot of things here that is not acceptable in other countries and I don’t hear these people complaining… What’s with that?  Most here are without God… What kind of example are we showing them? Start telling yourself you are happy and content with what the Lord has given you.

Col 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

I love my country and when I retire I want to be at peace with all people…

But I love my Lord more!  And if HE says continue I will continue with how HE leads me…

Someone please give me some feed back????......

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding us of how blessed we are. Food for every meal, a doctor only minutes from our home and a church to attend freely. I am terrified for our country as I see so many mock Jesus, ban the Commandments in a Public Building and murder unborn children. Thank you for reminding us. "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare."
    2 Peter 3:9-11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word Susan, enjoyed your post. Thankful all is sifted through His hands and He is in control. I couldn't agree more with how seriously God takes with His people complaining.

    ReplyDelete